I had bought this very cute bundt cupcake dish last weekend and was waiting to get some time to experiment.
I had thought that I would wait until the long weekend that was soon coming thanks to the two occasions getting clubbed together. One of them being our Independence Day i.e. 15th August which also happens to be my cute little niece’s second b’day.
But well all my good intentions fell apart as I just couldn’t wait all the 5 days. So mid-week I got busy with my baking project. I was great fun making the cake and clicking all the pics. And the final product came out delicious and I just couldn’t stop myself. The recipe had also asked for a frosting but I just loved it the way it was, plain and chocolaty. I am not a very big fan of frosting as for one they make the cake way to sweet for my taste buds and all those calories…. I have actually been thinking about getting into some healthy cooking. Well lets see when that materializes….
Cocoa Bundt Cupcakes :
Flour 1 2/3 cups
Sugar 1 1/2 cups
Cocoa 1/2 cup
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1 1/2 tsps
Buttermilk/Sour milk 1 1/2 cups
Shortening/Butter 1/2 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Mix all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
- Once all the dry ingredients are mixed sieve the ingredients thrice to get rid of all the thick particles. The mesh that you use should be very fine for best results. This process gives the cupcake an airy texture as against a denseness that can be found in may cakes. This is very difficult to explain. Once you have used this process a few time you will understand.
- Put the oven to reheat at 175ºC.
- Now mix in the wet ingredients slowly. Two spoonfuls at a time.
- Once mixed spoon into the bundt cupcakes and put to bake for around 20 minutes per batch.
- This will give you around 24 – 30 small cupcakes and around 12 big ones. I used both normal cupcakes dish and my new bundt dish.